LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Nepa saved me from being bursted
I was just reflecting back on the good ol'times in naija,nd how NEPA made some good underground impacts. Well for pple dat dnt knw the meaning of NEPA(Nigerian,electric power authority) i believe. Well most pple usually see NEPA as annoying pple.................. nd yes dey might be. At the same time i can say dey made d F part of the fun in my life really fun den. The only thing i can say i did not really enjoy about NEPA was when u watching ur favorite TV shows or soap opera, NEPA turns off the power supply, nd everyone yells NEPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA from their apartments, come nd see curses of all sizes, nd shapes.lol.......nd most importantly when heat is killing us, well sha...mehnnnn na suffer head dat time oh, with all those heat. I know dat if you have experienced the dark side of NEPA, u will understand what am saying. Well one of the major reasons why i liked NEPA den was dat, i was kinda free to walk around with my bf but usually my family thinks am somewhere studying with my friends, or enjoying my toasters reciting their lame love poems , and confessing how am the only ,sugar in their tea,the only butter in their bread, nd infact the only cockroach in their cupboard.Mehnnn some naija guys are lame.lol.......... There was this night i was coming back from lesson(after school tutoring), nd regularly am not supposed to walk with any boys, except for my bro,cousins,or close family friends. (esp female children) Imagineeeeeeee!!!. I wonder how parents dnt realize dat no matter how u restrict a female child, if she wants to go wayward she will. So sha.... I was coming back home with my BF. We decided not take bike, cos it was dark outside, nd we wanted to feel the love atmosphere, nd catch up on whatz up with each other a lil bit.So we were walking hand in hand, very close, a lil bit too close sha. We were enjoying the moment so bad, dat we forgot about everyone else, more like we were alone in our own world. I was feeling this mood so bad that i 4got, i was almost home. As we were about walking into the street dat led to my house.hmmm. Guess what? I saw my cousin walking towards us.OMG i froze instantly. Actually i did not know how fast i got my body away from my bf's warmth arms. I remember saying to myself, am dead today ohhhhhh(already blaming myself for walking home with him dat night). My Bf was like what happened? nd i snapped at him, saying: look who's coming. Then he was kinda shocked, nd toughend up, nd was like so wat? aren't we just walking home? den am like yea right, well walk at mback, nd lemme walk in d front, nd lets act like we dnt know ourselves.lol. He was like HELL NO. I gave him dis r u out of ur mind look.He held my hand far apart, nd i was thinking of what kinda lies am going to tell dem at home, if he sees me. We got closer, nd closer, nd my heart beat was going so fast like i was in a marathon race. It felt like one of those moment you pray to God, that if He can help you get out of this mess, you will never do it again. Well he walked by us nd he did not see us, my heart almost jumped out through my mouth.lol......... then i wondered to myself why all dis tall pple dnt look down sometimes, dey just look up, nd keep going like a mallam,(am making mouth now abi? )i wondered what would have happened if he saw me, he would have started a fight with my bf, not even dat when he gets home, he will add all kinds of spice nd pepper to the story. Well i let my hand go quickly from my Bf's hand, nd we said our bye's real quick, and i walked as fast as i can.I got home, nd pretended nothing happened, maybe dat was a warning from God who knows?............all in all ,I thank NEPA sha cos without the dark streets i would have being bursted big tyme.

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 8:18 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At April 19, 2007 at 5:04 AM, Blogger יש (Yosh) said…

    Thanks for stopping by! Well, I believe there's a middle ground. Also, that brings to question my belief in hell as a place of torment or not.

    Whatever the case may be, I believe there's a heaven and that the earth also has a hope of restoration...So I don't want heaven nor do I want eternal death in hell...All I want is a perfect world, that I BELIEVE is no mere dream! :)

     
  • At April 19, 2007 at 5:07 AM, Blogger יש (Yosh) said…

    oh and by the way, NEPA never change o. New name now (PHCN - Power Holding Company of Nigeria), but same ol', same ol'! :)

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmmmmm Lola how old were u? so you allowed that boy to be tapping some major current from you (abi na u dey tap am sef)...........and it was all in the dark. Lets just hope pops does not stumble on this blog ;)

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL Nepa, i remember that's when we will start doing (moni ni ni,mo ni ni,mo ni ni).That's when the boys will be using style to tap current.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 6:19 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    lol Uncle am not a small pikin den oh. 16 yrs old, i no try? but thnks for stopping by sha.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 6:21 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    lol pelumi, mehnnnnn or we start using style to do yeye hide nd seek. Esp pple wey dey inside hostel......hmmmmmm make i no talk sha.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me I no like dat kain cousin jare
    I lived with my cousins for 8yrs, dem understand me well well
    we dey always plan am for room, they cover up for me
    lol, Nepa dey work wonders sometimes, those ppl with all d curses we don send dem, dem still dey succeed

     
  • At April 20, 2007 at 10:56 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    Lol Yetunde ,u know say na male cousins, nd bros dey jealous pass, dey wait for any guy to toast u, cos dey know d kain bad work wey dem too dey do with females. My cousin dey act like gbeorun's if dey see me with male oh.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER