LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Cold Night
Memories of a friend dat died yrs ago,just came to me again, after reading Linda's blog. After d sudden death of dis friend,i was still in denial,dat it was all a joke. The first reality kicked, when it was announced on the nightly news, nd i saw d interviews dey had,nd how his sister, nd all other family described how loving he was the past week. The sister stated: He hugged me more than 100 times dis morning( d day he died) he kept kissing me on my cheek, nd hugging me. I yelled at him, but still he wouldn't stop. His father had to scold him, dat it was getting too much. Buki said if she had knew he was going to die later,she would av hugged him all day long. She would have told him how much she really enjoyed him doing dat, dat all those yelling nd she acting she doesn't like it was all pretence. I started crying so hard,nd asked my self is dis really true? Is patrick gone? On his wake keeping day. I said to myself, i was going to hold his hands even if possible kiss him on d cheek,nd forehead. As we were going in line, espcially the youths in my church. I got to where patrick was............( xcuse me for a sec,am getting a lil bit teary). So i got there i saw patrick's face, nd how much it had changed,Is dis how dead pple really look? i bursted into tears badly, i wailed, i asked God why him? I cannot even look at his face, i ran to Patrick's mom hands, nd we both hugged ourselves,nd cried out loud. I wish i could do a miracle, nd tell her it was all a joke, dat her son was alive. I was d last person to put a flower inside Patrick's last resting place with my shaky hands,nd i cried my eyes out, like no man's buiz. I wondered how can i see someone dis sunday, nd next sunday, am at his burial. Is dat it? Just one second,makes a good diff btw life nd death.( Patrick collapsed at a basket ball game,while playing for his team, dey tried to keep him breathing, but he died on his way to the hospital, in an ambulance)
Am dedicating dis blog for Patrick,nd may u cont to rest in the hands the Lord.
posted by LurLar @ 8:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 10, 2007 at 11:12 PM, Blogger EDNUTEY said…

    Just like Rev Run said

    How do u rebound from an extraordinary loss, take stock of the loved ones around you...hug them,love them, cherish them.
    When u appreciate the loves in ur life, it makes sorrow that much easier to swallow.

    Everyday is a new day...hope floats, so let it rise...
    I hope he rests in peace.

     
  • At May 11, 2007 at 11:49 AM, Blogger Stuck in my throat said…

    I am so sorry for your loss.I just ran into my childhood friend and she told me her mum died a few months ago.I feel her pain.Take heart and keep praying to the LORD to help guide his spirit home.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER