LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Emotional Me
I had a heated argument with my peeps yesterday, nd i was so heated dat i felt like exploding. Tell me when they are going to realize that am not a baby anymore? I can make decisions for my myself!!! Damn am graduating college dis yr, nd dey still treat me like a freaking kindergaten graduate. Do u know life is all about risk? I ask dem yesterday. I know they love me so much, dats why they feel like am not showing it back to dem enuff. Wat made me cooled down was flashing back at how London Buki(a blogger) makes her mom feel like the queen of England. Wait a min! am not like that, I love dem to death, but they gotta make me feel comfortable to show dem. U might think am crazy but dats just me. I can say most parents are just scared letting their child go, maybe dey feel like am going to be gone soon, gone to start my family too. Well regardless i still love u, nd i know u love me too death too.

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 9:29 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At May 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some Naija parents are just too protective. Glad u feeling better.

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 7:13 PM, Blogger diary of a G said…

    a'body goes thru this especially girls
    Your time will come...be cool

    work on securing your desired future in these years as much as you can

    your whole future is ahead of you

    believe me time starts to fly
    with-out you even knowing, as you get older

    something am realizing

     
  • At May 7, 2007 at 8:36 PM, Blogger EDNUTEY said…

    lol, na so my mama go wan go out dey force me make I go with her, if I no wan go na den she go begin talk, come bring back past issues and start saying the same thing over and over, and she knows how much it annoys me
    I'm like, WOMAN u need to start learning how to go out on uru own, start getting used to it cos a time will come when I will have to leave, and u won't see me anymore...well not for a long time, u will have to do most things urself and then it will be hard for u to do cos u didn't learn how to...I told her to stop treating me like I'm 8yrs old again
    although she won't listen

    Lola, na all of us dey experience all that...we go over come

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 7:32 AM, Blogger LurLar said…

    @ Diary of a G. Well i can't wait for time to speed 200miles faster.
    @ sparkle. The thing tire me oh, dem go dey act like say dem no dey our shoes b4.

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmm Lollypop,

    Take it easy.....your are becoming more independent and your parents are gonna take some time to adjust to the fact that they are "losing" their control over you. They are gonna be easier to deal with as long as you realize that they are doing whatever they are doing out of love for you. They might just be overdoing the job of protecting you and i would not blame them for it - its so easy for parents to "lose" their children in the US. You probably have a couple of years or less to spend with them before starting a family of your own, enjoy your remaining time with them. For doing such a wonderful job on you why dont you show mummy some love this Mothers' day...........and give her a kiss for me ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER