LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
LurLar's First walk
Ok.....not that av never taken a walk b4 in my life,but in my neighbourhood this is my first time taking a walk.So lately am working on getting fit,as per very soon,i will be walking down the aisle, nd it will be nice to be LEPA(slim) like sparkle.lol. B4 i went 4 dis walk, i was ranting about some things:

1. If dog attack me,where would i run to?
2. Getting kidnapped by some psycho(LurLar plssssss it's day time na)
3. Getting snub by my fellow walkers
4. Taking some money with me so i can buy ice cream when am tired or some change to
jump on d bus when am feeling lazy.
5. Maybe i should postpone it,nd walk with my bf(dat would be more romantic)

Dis are d things going on in my head while i was getting ready to go 4 dis walk. I took the courage nd stepped out of the house. It was 6:30am, nd not dat many pple on d streets. My first shocker was dat pple driving by looking at me. Am thinking to myself.....wat are dey looking at? Haven't dey seen a black female taking a walk early in d morning b4? Den me sef come use style stand....took a very good look at myself...guess wat? i was putting on slippers, nd i said to myself no wonder dey were starring dat much,dats their problem jare. As i continued my adventure...i got my first good morning from a old white man trying to keep fit like me. I smiled, nd continued my journey. Wat i saw next was not even funny at all. I saw two bull dogs trying to smell eachothers yansh(butt)from afar. I said to myself quickly(The devil is a liar,i will not turn back) I planned where to run to incase dey attacked me. I planned how am going to cause a big drama nd noise to wake every1 sleeping in case dey come near me. Quickly i crossed the streets to the other side. Dis dogs actually noticed me,nd stopped playing with their butts, they stood there looking at me like a hungry lion......nd i on the other side was trying to act calm, nd at d same time watching dem with d corner of my eyes,just incase dey make any move.(can't imagine myself being chased by bulldogs). I guessed i did not give dem any reason to run after me..so they continued with their love affair. I walked to the park where i can get a beautiful view of the sea.....nd i sat down. 5 mins after sha i snapped out of the environment nd ready to go up hill. My going back was smooth, lots of walkers,nd joggers,dey were all being friendly,which was d opposite of wat i thought. I got home trying to act like i just finshed a 10k mile run.I tried cleaning up my sweat....but there was none. I walked in nd i got the positive reinforcement i wanted from my familia.

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 7:55 AM  
13 Comments:
  • At June 30, 2007 at 1:53 PM, Blogger יש (Yosh) said…

    First walk!? Now THAT is something...congrats on changing the "norm"!

    And walking would be a nice time to enjoy soliloquy without feeling uneasy with yourself ;)

    Have a good weekend

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM, Blogger diary of a G said…

    that was nice
    glad you made it back
    despite the dogs and all
    you Did it

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 12:37 PM, Blogger EDNUTEY said…

    lmao
    dog dey smell yansh...brehejhehehehe
    lol
    I wish d dogs chased u, kai, dat would've been a show
    lol, come my house make we run
    I run everymorning, 5am...not jogging o my sister, RUN
    lol
    u wan lepa like me...ha!
    SEE DIS GIRL, pay me and I will give u tips, lol
    seriously, why d dogs no chase u now?
    lol
    next time u want to go out, don't just walk, if na one mile, run half mile, then walk the rest off...when u get home, stretch a little
    and if u still feel u just want to walk, walk REALLY fast, dat helps too

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 3:02 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    @ Yosh thnks for stopping by.
    @ DOG am glad i made it back.
    @ sparkle....which kain 5am,u wey be lazy bone. Dnt worry i will come by ur house one of dis days,nd na marathon we go run.Now i know my enemies...u r wishing those dogs bite me ehnnnnn.ok oh.

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 3:03 AM, Blogger ♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said…

    Hey lurlar, thanks for stopping by my space and good job on the idols thingy! Congrats on walking down the aisle soon...so who's the Mr? Hope you'll blog about him soon eh? Anyway, have a good month! Cheers!

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 7:47 AM, Blogger Admin UD said…

    Hmmm, i can see lots of breaking news from this post. I'm itching for more gist oo. Btw, good you're walking teh walk. Kudos!!!

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 11:40 AM, Blogger Boorish Male said…

    That was too funny.
    Will there be another walk?
    Will you graduate to running someday?
    Do let us know.

    Really funny post.

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 9:38 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    lol@Nyemoni...thnks for stopping by also. I will sure blog about him one of dis days.
    @ Ugo daniels dnt worry more gist is coming.
    @ Boorish male...uhmmmmm the only day,am free in d morning is saturday...so i might make it a sat morning thing.My Bro is an athlete...so he might get me into jogging den start running.( Hope i can commit to it d way i want to.)

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 8:04 AM, Blogger Anu boy said…

    girlfriend, na wa oh, so just a walk around the block na him de make u fear like this, well make we go thank God say all is well sha, them dogs did not feel the need to sniff ur butt too...

    good stuff

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 12:45 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    Anu....no be just walk around like dat oh.....1 hr walk no be joke oh.lol. Dnt mind my lazy sef jare,i remember d days i use to hop from one bus to another in lagos,nd yet will still walk lots of miles instead of taking okada. Thnks for stopping by jare.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 2:55 PM, Blogger Eyin'ju Oluwa said…

    Heheheheehehe i dont like dogs much either. LOL@cleaning sweat off but there was none. Congratulations on the wedding, may God bless the union. Lagbara Olorun, e pe fun ra yin, amen.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LAWL..i love dogs

     
  • At July 7, 2007 at 11:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    LOL!!!

    Lepa, means something else in another language but i shall not go into that sha....

    Anyways, loving the blog...

    pammy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER