LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
God why did you make me black?
See for urself why God made the black skin pple.........It's a poem,nd yea it's long!!!!but it's worth it.

Lord .... Why did you make me black?
Why did you make someone
the world would hold back?


Black is the color of dirty clothes,
of grimy hands and feet...
Black is the color of darkness,
of tired beaten streets...Why did you give me thick lips,


a broad nose and kinky hair?
Why did you create someone


who receives the hated stare


Black is the color of the bruised eye
when someone gets hurt...
Black is the color of darkness,
black is the color of dirt.

Why is my bone structure so thick,
my hips and cheeks so high?
Why are my eyes brown,
and not the color of the sky?

Why do people think I'm useless?
How come I feel so used?
Why do people see my skin
and think I should be abused?

Lord, I just don't understand...
What is it about my skin?
Why is it some people want to hate me
and not know the person within?

Black is what people are "Labeled"
when others want to keep them away...
Black is the color of shadows cast...
Black is the end of the day.

Lord you know my own people mistreat me,
and you know this just ain't right...
They don't like my hair, they don't like my
skin, as they say I'm too dark or too light!

Lord, don't you think
it's time to make a change?
Why don't you redo creation
and make everyone the same?

GOD's Reply:


Why did I make you black?

Why did I make you black?

I made you in the color of coal
from which beautiful diamonds are formed...
I made you in the color of oil,
the black gold which keeps people warm.

Your color is the same as the rich dark soil
that grows the food you need...
Your color is the same as the black stallion and
panther, Oh what majestic creatures indeed!

All colors of the heavenly rainbow
can be found throughout every nation...
When all these colors are blended,
you become my greatest creation!

Your hair is the texture of lamb's wool,
such a beautiful creature is he...
I am the shepherd who watches them,
I will ALWAYS watch over thee!

You are the color of the midnight sky,
I put star glitter in your eyes...
There's a beautiful smile hidden behind your pain...
That's why your cheeks are so high!

You are the color of dark clouds
from the hurricanes I create in September...
I made your lips so full and thick,
so when you kiss...they will remember!

Your stature is strong,
your bone structure thick to withstand the
burden of time...
The reflection you see in the mirror,
that image that looks back,..that is MINE!

So get off your knees,
look in the mirror and tell me what you see?
I didn't make you in the image of darkness...
I made you in the image of ME!


Well enuff reason for me......nd i know these are just few of the reason why he made me a BLACK WOMAN.Convincing enuff for u?

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 1:24 AM  
15 Comments:
  • At June 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    I HAVENT READ UR POEM BUT I JUST WANTED TO LET U KNOW>>>>>


    BRING YOUR GAME ON! I AINT SCARED OF U! LOL

    VOTE 4 MIMI ALL U COMMENTATORS, SHE IS THE ISH! (lol)

     
  • At June 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    p.s i will come back to read your poem after blogville idols ha ha ha ha

     
  • At June 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    Hey contestants good luck as the blogville idol contest starts tommorow monday 11th june 2007...PLEASE try and record your song EARLY TOMORROW MORNING so we can get our judges to comment on them and then we can release the songs to the Audience 1st thing tuesday morning...PLS YOU CAN RECORD ur song TODAY it will be kept private till others send in their songs..God bless and good luck....PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

     
  • At June 10, 2007 at 8:03 PM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    lurlar...we got ur song..tanx but you were supposed to sing the 9ja song on friday(if u are still in d competition)..pele u have to do it again and sing a non-9ja song pele

     
  • At June 10, 2007 at 8:03 PM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    pele pls sing it now

     
  • At June 10, 2007 at 10:21 PM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    hey gal we have received ur song and you will be able to hear it on tuesday morning....get ur fans and friends to vote 4 you..Good luck

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 12:49 AM, Blogger diary of a G said…

    will be sure to read later
    I like the topic interesting
    but

    remember the first contestants to go will forever hold their head in shame
    and lucky if they don't tarnish
    their name
    so
    if you can't sang best stick to blogging
    its not too late to drop off the contest
    but
    good luck
    not

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 3:51 PM, Blogger EDNUTEY said…

    WOW
    I love dis post
    very nice...makes me feel even better about myself

    oh yeah...goodluck with the competition

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 8:51 PM, Blogger diary of a G said…

    had to come back and read this post

    like sparkle said it really makes me feel better about my self

    and without God's reply to poem it really had me in a different mood

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 10:38 AM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    TANX FOR SINGING IN THE CONTEST WE REALLY APPRECIATE...PLS DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FANS TO VOTE FOR YOU..YOU WILL BE GETTING THE RESULT ON THURSDAY

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 7:53 AM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    DEAR CONTESTANTS ,PLEASE GO TO OUR PAGE NOW TO SEE IF U ARE STILL IN D RUNNING TOWARDS BECOMING BLOGVILLES 1ST IDOL...LISTEN TO THE ANOUNCEMENT ON THE VOICE PLAYER...A POST SHOWING WHO IS STILL IN THE COMPETITION WILL BE POSTED SOON ....PLS IF U SEE U HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED ABEG RECORD UR 9JA SONG IMMEDIATELY,OR AS SOON AS U CAN!!!DELAYS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED THIS TIME...PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    since we have less contestants now maximum song length has been increased to 1min 30 sec

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 10:06 AM, Blogger BlogVille Idol said…

    Pls contestant dont forget to record your 9ja song today..DELAYS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED THIS TIME

     
  • At January 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

     
  • At June 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi to every body, it's my first visit of this website; this webpage carries amazing and truly fine information designed for readers.

    my page: Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER