LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Lets Stop Hating on each other.
Voice Comment....am loving it. Nice piece that i think u shld be shared among sistahs(not only ur mama pikin)lol. U think it's too long abi? read it first and u will see it's worth every single minute.





Ok...so I walk in and you see me. You see that my hair is done, my
outfit is fierce and I carry myself like a lady. I smile at you but
you roll your eyes at me, then, turn your head and whisper something to
your girl. Why you hatin'?

Ok... so maybe I'm a new employee and this is my first day at work. I
almost thought I would be the only sista in the joint until someone
introduced us to each other. I smile and extend my hand, happy to know
I won't be here alone. You smile and shake my hand but there's
insincerity in your eyes and your hand is limp. You seem guarded.

What's wrong Ma'?

Ok ...so maybe my man and I have been having problems. And since
you've been my best friend for years I confide in you that I think he's
cheating on me. You offer your support. Until I find out that he's
been cheating on me....with you! Why would you hurt me like that?

I found your knife, girl.....it's in my back!

As women we battle daily. We battle keeping our families together,
keeping our men happy and maintaining our presence in the workforce.
With all that battling going on why in the world should we have to
battle each other?

Now I'm not saying every sistah has a knife...but some of you
do....and you know who you are. Why is it that a woman can't get
her glamour on without you having a problem? Why can't I get a
blonde weave without you having something to say?
If I'm working myself to death in the office
trying to climb the corporate ladder...why am I suddenly a sellout?
If I leave the room for a minute why can't I trust you around my man?
Smiling in my face, but gossiping all my personal business behind
my back? You now have permission to consider yourself triflin'!

Inferiority Complex. It makes us feel that in order to be someone
special we have to put everyone else beneath us. Are we so insecure in
ourselves that we can't feel good until we pull someone else down?

There's something wrong here. We've come to envy those who've
accomplished in their lives what we've only dreamed of having for
ourselves. And when we fear we will never be able to get what we want
- we steal it.

There is a serious self-worth issue going on here. We're in a day and
age where we should be encouraging each other and holding each other
up.

Sisterhood should not end when Oprah goes off. Truth be told, there
will always be someone prettier, sexier, stronger, and smarter. I'm sorry
Boo - that's just the way it is. But that's ok.....just do you!

I don't care how good Beyonce' looks - if she walks into the same room
I'm in, it doesn't make me any less of the diva I already am! I love
admiring hairstyles...but there's no need to be jealous. Honey,
nowadays there's enough hair for err-body.

I have goals in life. There are things I strive to attain. Yet I seek out
successful sisters because they keep me motivated.

Life is so much more than who looks the best, who dresses the best and
who makes more money. So when you see your sister going for hers let
it inspire you .... To do you.



SPREAD THE WORD

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 10:56 AM  
12 Comments:
  • At June 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM, Blogger Anu boy said…

    thanks alot for checking my blog out, uhmm nice one... feeling the whole sistehs talk,

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 1:30 PM, Blogger bllk wolf said…

    ok im a lil bit disappointed though...coming in second on posting....heesh!!!
    anyways tot id pass a comment,
    iv never been one of em fellas wo think Beyonce is so fly,beats my imagination though...she no tooo tap to me...(no be say i fine....my Sistas will kill me for saying that)
    well, i think ladies are too picky when it comes to having a Man (i guess they love an ADVENTURE as my Cousin says)...but al the same ..no be only men dey play now o!!!ladies are outsmarting them now......>>>GOES DOWN ON KNEES>>>>>>>>>>>Lord deliver me from the hands of She-Players...AMEN

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 2:31 PM, Blogger EDNUTEY said…

    hmmm...this is very true
    Ladies...issues!
    I don't know maybe it's just around the nigerians or everywhere
    you think they love you, next thing u know...they turn their backs on you, start hating on u...u try to find out what's wrong...they have no reason...they just want to hate u bcos they want to!
    my friend went into dis business thing...there was dis other man dat was into the business b4 but he didn't succeed, so he quit....when my friend started d business and started making alot of money...dis man started hating..spreading rumors about my friend...he even went ahead raining curses on my friend...WHY... my friend asked him...he had nothing to say

    about d man thing...u just have to know ur way around...such 'bestfriends' will start asking u everything about him...and u know ladies want to tell their friends all about him...just watch out for such ppl, they ask u a question about ur man and u refuse to answer..they get mad
    lol, just like u telling ur friend u had sex with him....then she wants to know what it was like
    Fuck dat shi*, none of ur business

    ok, I don dey type too much...but u know what I mean
    I like dis post...very nice

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 2:57 PM, Blogger exschoolnerd said…

    i thought this was so so true..we girls need to quit the hating..it is so uneccesary...why cant we just get along..i mean is it so friggin hard!!!

    we shud stick together..and stop the unecessary hating and look at our lives and deal with our own issues us rather than make ourselves feel better by looking into other peeps lives so we forget our own issues.

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 2:58 PM, Blogger Admin UD said…

    Maybe i'm in da wrong room cos this post's directed to sista's and da voice comment thingy, is it for chica's only.

    Lemme berra get my a$$ outta here before someborri whoops it...lol!

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 7:22 PM, Blogger LurLar said…

    Ugo dats not true at all....it's a issue u can talk about with ur female friends,g/f,sisters.
    lol@blk wolf.....dnt worry i will make sure i inform ur sis, ur comment.lol. It's good to adventure when it comes to looking for a good man,cos ladies dnt want to end up with crack heads.

    @ sparkle...it's not just nigerians. It's universal.

    @exschoolnerd......thnks for stopping by.

    @anuboy......thnks for stopping by.

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey gurl..tanks for ur voice comment earlier...tried to leave u one but t he thing is acting up..i think snapvine is undergoing some stuff...yeah anywazy u hrd abt the BLOGVILLE IDOL THING...pls spread the gist okay by puutting word out there for us..let me go and read ur page jare

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found your knife, girl.....it's in my back-wow i liked that

    Sieterhood shud not end when oprah goes of-i like that too..
    hear hear..ladies we too hate on each other...steal ur friends boyfriend,husband,bif each other e.t.c...

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deep words for all the sisters out there. LurLar where did you go? Being expecting ur post since.

     
  • At June 6, 2007 at 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey lurlar do u wanna be a contestnat on the blogville thingy..check out my page and 9ja opekes's..everybody else check it out...its gonna be fun

     
  • At June 7, 2007 at 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey lurlar...we compliling list of the contestant...can i put u up!u said earlier on my page that u wouldnt mind to sing...so can i enlis u..let me kno...pls pls say yes!ur voice doenst have to be fantastic

     
  • At June 7, 2007 at 7:16 PM, Blogger bllk wolf said…

    hey!no crack head here...lol!!!!check my page out ok(says to self====lil bit of advertising wouldnt hurt)...and dnt forget to drop a line or two,ill need a few tips though.....and that goes out to every other resident of blogville......(this is what is called CHEAP ADVERTISING)...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER