LurLar's Afrikness
Little pieces of me that makes me complete.
Friday, August 17, 2007
What is d true definition of a church?.....
A church should be a place where can communicate to God in one accord...

A church should be a place where i can talk to my fellow bethren or my pastor about my life problems without being backstabbed....

A church should be a place that will not judge me for past my actions....

A church should be a place that is free of bacbitters,that only worry about other pple,nd not their own problems.

A church should be a place that is used for the center of salvation,nd not center of making money....

A church should be a place that when am told I LOVE YOU...nd they should mean it.

A church should be a place where i can sing,nd express my feelings freely to my God without sister jane being jealous of me.

A church should be a place that is clique free....If you are not in my cool clique, am free to backbite nd say horrible things about you.

A church should be a place that self worth should be the last thing to think about.

There are many more things going on in churches all over the world that's not even meant to be.

Are we really working for the salvation of our souls,or for the salvation of human approval?

One of my favorite song writers wrote nd sang a song saying: When everything is going on smooth nd fine for you....be careful,bcos very few pple are happy with you progress. Who are the very few pple? The pple that are smiling to your face,nd yet they are wishing you the worst scenario, or pple that dnt show you their eye service expression,but still they wish you the best.

Sometimes i think to myself are we really christians?

I know we are not perfect,but what are you doing to get better?

Labels:

posted by LurLar @ 2:36 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At August 18, 2007 at 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM, Blogger eddiie said…

    A church should be a place where can communicate to God in one accord.......

    i think that almost defines it....but am not syre..lets leave the floor for the church goers..

    i also go thats why i take the first one which is basic i tend to think...

     
  • At August 20, 2007 at 11:18 PM, Blogger kokolette said…

    here here....i hear you my sister!
    (but these your template colors are not hurting the eyes at all o!...lol, see you looove pink!)

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 4:29 AM, Blogger ♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said…

    On point...a lotta people are looking for salvation of human approval, I fear.. I like the post cos this is fo shizzle! That's what a lot of us are doing...

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 6:39 AM, Blogger Manda said…

    Sooo true! Nice one~

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 6:50 AM, Blogger UnNaked Soul said…

    we are all seeking for one form of approval or the other either by bringing someone down or lifting someone up...

    A church is just a building. It's the people that collectively gives it a soul and a presence... which most of us confuse for the GOD PRESENCE...

    Don't believe everything I say, but bear witness to it *wink*

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 10:30 AM, Blogger Queen of My Castle said…

    I wholeheartedly agree with UnNaked. We, the people, are the church because we carry the Spirit of God. Going to the actual building is where we go to draw strength from one another, in my opnion.

    Nice post!

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 5:44 PM, Blogger Eyin'ju Oluwa said…

    True talk. We are the church though, the believers gathered together make the church.

    LOL@your rant on your Aunt J, take it easy o

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 3:52 AM, Blogger Jayn Sean said…

    Church is sacred place. Should be respected and held high...i donno if that includes convenents and mosques. What pastors and nuns do there is unheard of.

    Jus passed by....

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 3:27 AM, Blogger eddiie said…

    i personally need you to update please...On my knees...Hehehe..that must have caught you..

    Ok..but seriously...its been long...what has kept you out this long?

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 9:42 AM, Blogger Sam Oracle said…

    All these things happen in churches today, but we can still find true religion in few churches today.

    It is only God that will restore the Love and Joy of salvation that has gone cold in churches today.

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 1:05 PM, Blogger Admin UD said…

    How are you ms Lurlar? Did i ever tell you i like your voice :)

    Cheers!

     
  • At September 5, 2007 at 7:01 AM, Blogger GERALD said…

    The dictionary meaning is that a church can be a place or a group of people,,,,
    I PERSONALLY don't go to church these days coz I believe i can still go to heaven without stepping in church again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


 
About Me

Name: LurLar
Home: Boston, MA
About Me: I love being me, i love to hang with different kinda pple, cos i learn a lot from them, no matter what and who they are.
See my complete profile
Recent Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Thank You for stopping by my blog nd pls make urself comfortable.

Cool Blogs
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER